The Zohar (Sefer ha-Zohar), meaning “radiance” or “splendor”, is the mystical commentary on the Bible and the five books of Moses. Daniel Matt, formerly a Professor of Jewish Spirituality at the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley and the author of The Essential Kabbalah, has undertaken the first translation of the Zohar directly from Aramaic. Daniel Matt’s translation will be quite different in its nuances and practices than today’s modern Kabbalistic teachings. His purpose is to make the Zohar more accessible to the public. Funded by the Pritzker Foundation, The Zohar Project will yield the Pritzker Edition of the Zohar – a monumental 12-book set based on a wide range of original manuscripts. Tune in as we delve into the fascinating and inscrutable world of Jewish mysticism with Daniel Matt!
Previous post: Alex Lightman – Future Tech & Trade
- A Conversation with Felix Cavaliere Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Singer/Songwriter
- Mother’s Day 2022 – A Storytelling Extravaganza
- Tales From Europe and The Power of Waiting
- Important Update from Kim Greenhouse
- Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez – Why Steve Jobs Really Died
- James Turk – Pop Goes The Money Bubble
- Walter Burien – Hidden Budgets in Every State in America
- George Swanson – Living, Breathing Buildings
It’s Rainmaking Time!® owns the exclusive copyright and trademark for all segments. We reserve the right to remove any or all content from the public domain for any reason at any time.
Segments that have been removed from the archive may not be legally distributed by anyone.