Soy is one of the most heavily subsidized crops in the United States. Because it is so widely promoted as a miracle food, a healthy alternative to meat, and a solution to world hunger, it rarely occurs to us to think that none of these claims are true. Recently, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) rejected claims that soy eases menopause and promotes bone health, and issued a third strike against heart health claims. And despite its advertised preventive health benefits, soy has been linked to malnutrition, digestive distress, thyroid dysfunction, cognitive decline, reproductive disorders, infertility, birth defects, immune system breakdown, and heart disease in hundreds of epidemiological, clinical, and laboratory studies. It’s time to cut through the claims and get to the bottom of the conflicting data – and we’ve invited The Naughty Nutritionist™, Dr. Kaayla Daniel, to guide us through the information presented in her book The Whole Soy Story. Join us for a deep exploration of the various health claims, studies, hype, and misinformation surrounding this staple crop.
- Mother’s Day 2022 – A Storytelling Extravaganza
- Tales From Europe and The Power of Waiting
- Important Update from Kim Greenhouse
- Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez – Why Steve Jobs Really Died
- James Turk – Pop Goes The Money Bubble
- Walter Burien – Hidden Budgets in Every State in America
- George Swanson – Living, Breathing Buildings
- Dr. William Davis – The Benefits of Becoming Wheat-Free
It’s Rainmaking Time!® owns the exclusive copyright and trademark for all segments. We reserve the right to remove any or all content from the public domain for any reason at any time.
Segments that have been removed from the archive may not be legally distributed by anyone.