Greenspirit founder and former environmental activist Dr. Patrick Moore embarked on a mission to save the planet in 1971 as a key member of Greenpeace. A scientist at heart, Dr. Patrick Moore obtained a Ph.D. in ecology from the University of British Columbia, where he became entrenched in the traditional ecological perspective that humanity is a part of nature. Greenpeace’s early successes in drawing public attention to environmental issues inspired a wave of membership, which attracted adherents to radical ideologies that Moore would eventually come to understand as anti-human and anti-science. With his worldview and his goals quickly diverging from Greenpeace’s, Dr. Patrick Moore parted ways with the organization in 1986 and devoted himself to the quest for a sustainable future. As environmentalist and business ideologues fall into politicization and name-calling, Dr. Patrick Moore offers a welcome, rational voice grounded in reality and the real purpose of ecology. Join us as we rethink environmentalism with the author of Confessions of a Greenpeace Dropout.
Next post: John Lear – Part 3
- A Conversation with Felix Cavaliere Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Singer/Songwriter
- Mother’s Day 2022 – A Storytelling Extravaganza
- Tales From Europe and The Power of Waiting
- Important Update from Kim Greenhouse
- Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez – Why Steve Jobs Really Died
- James Turk – Pop Goes The Money Bubble
- Walter Burien – Hidden Budgets in Every State in America
- George Swanson – Living, Breathing Buildings
It’s Rainmaking Time!® owns the exclusive copyright and trademark for all segments. We reserve the right to remove any or all content from the public domain for any reason at any time.
Segments that have been removed from the archive may not be legally distributed by anyone.