Save Japan Dolphins team member Kyoko Tanaka gives us a insider’s look at the state of Japan in this interview. The chain of successive disasters that has befallen the island nation is truly heartbreaking. The earthquake that rocked the Tōhoku region on March 11th, recently upgraded from an 8.9 to a 9.0, is the fifth strongest earthquake by magnitude recorded to date. It caused a tsunami (the height of the wave has been estimated at approximately 30 feet) which pummeled Japan’s coast, triggering the current emergency situation with the Fukushima nuclear power plant and killing thousands of people. As Japan struggles to manage these crises, it can be difficult to get a clear picture of the situation from traditional media. Tokyo resident Kyoko Tanaka helps us to understand what’s happening on the ground, and learn what we can do to help!
Next post: Lyn Buchanan – Solving the Crisis in Japan
Previous post: PMH Atwater – The History of Near Death Experience Research
- A Conversation with Felix Cavaliere Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Singer/Songwriter
- Mother’s Day 2022 – A Storytelling Extravaganza
- Tales From Europe and The Power of Waiting
- Important Update from Kim Greenhouse
- Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez – Why Steve Jobs Really Died
- James Turk – Pop Goes The Money Bubble
- Walter Burien – Hidden Budgets in Every State in America
- George Swanson – Living, Breathing Buildings
It’s Rainmaking Time!® owns the exclusive copyright and trademark for all segments. We reserve the right to remove any or all content from the public domain for any reason at any time.
Segments that have been removed from the archive may not be legally distributed by anyone.